Saturday 5 March 2011

Imagination Run Wild

Language has the ability to move hearts of the readers and shape their imagination. I had always loved reading for it had given me the chance of transforming myself into any situation and period of time of a story. At my early reading stage, I had the chance of becoming 'Cinderella' and 'Snow White' in the classic fairy tales and even became Mina Harker in Bram Stoker’s 'Dracula' later on. Now, having done some literature courses throughout my studies, had given me the opportunity to play with my imagination wiser and bolder. These imaginations had given me the possibility to understand any literature works better. Through imagination I have learnt to not only to sympathize but to empathize the characters. By being in the shoes of a character like Emily Grierson in ‘A Rose for Emily’ and Jane Austen’s Elizabeth Bennet in 'Pride and Prejudice' to my surprise had really paid off. I am always looking forward to my next adventure into the literature world.

No comments:

Post a Comment