Thursday 7 April 2011

Love Letters of Great Men


It has been a few years since the movie Sex and the City came out. The most unforgettable scene in the movie is when I saw Carrie Bradshaw reading a book called 'Love Letters of Great Men' in her bed. I still remember 'google-ing' it to get hold of a copy. To my frustration, the book was not real. But the love letters however were true.
                What impresses me is that how language can be manipulated to move hearts. You don’t necessarily need to have good looks and thick pockets to win a woman’s heart, but in deed sincerity and good command of language and wide vocabulary, goes a long way. One of it was Beethoven's love letter to his immortal beloved that really moved my heart.


"Your love made me the happiest and unhappiest at the same time. At my actual age I should need some continuity, sameness of life - can that exist under our circumstances? Angel, I just hear that the post goes out every day - and must close therefore, so that you get the letter at once. Be calm - love me - to-day - yesterday.
What longing in tears for you - You - my Life - my All - farewell. Oh, go on loving me - never doubt the faithfullest heart
Of your beloved
Ever thine.
Ever mine.
Ever ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment